Monday 21 April 2014

[[FREE TUTORIAL]] Snow Photography & Special Effects - Learn Photography Online

[[FREE TUTORIAL]] Snow Photography & Special Effects - Learn Photography Online

EQUIPMENT USED IN THE VIDEO


LED Lenser X21 Flashlight
This thing is a beast. Extremely reliable and bright. I use it all the time for all sorts of reasons. Definitely worth the investment. The X21 is that it is a continuous lighting solution, not a short burst of light like flashes are. Continuous lighting lengthens motion, flashes freeze motion. 

Nikon D300s DSLR
This is just the camera I use. ANY DSLR can produce the results you see in the video. 
learn photography online
Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 Lens
I use this lens for pretty much all of my work. 

Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with Manfrotto 496RC2 BallHead
Mounting your camera to a tripod is absolutely essential in order to eliminate camera-shake. 

Optional
You can mount the X21 to a tripod by using an X21 tripod mount. When I was outside, I didn't want to lug around two big tripods for both my flashlight and camera, so I conveniently mounted the X21 to the Joby GP8-BHEN Gorillapod Focus with Ballhead X.


HERE ARE THE RESULTS

learn photography online

learn photography online


Another idea I got only after it was done snowing would be to take a ~1 second exposure of the on-camera flash in burst mode, where it flashes rapidly multiple times. I'd love to try it at different speeds and show the results, I'm definitely thinking the faster speeds would look best. If you have a camera that has a burst flash mode feature.

And of course, if you are wondering how the photographs of those flying sparks were created, take a look at my Steel Wool Photography Tutorial and I'll show you how to do it!

Have fun!
learn photography online
Are you tired of taking boring photos of the same mundane subject matter? Wouldn't you rather take your photography to the next level and photograph things that catch people's attention? If you would like to get the complete scoop and learn how to take more creative and unique shots with your DSLR, pick up my Photography Masterclass e-book and video course today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARN PHOTOGRAPHY ONLINE